Fire damages kitchen in City home

The kitchen of a Swift Current home caught fire and heavy smoke damage occurred throughout the house during a Sunday afternoon fire.

Swift Current Fire Department extinguished the fire in a home in the 100 block of 1st Ave. S.W. at approximately 1:30 p.m. on August 20. Fire damage was contained in the kitchen area, but there is heavy smoke damage throughout the house.

The fire remains under investigation and there were no injuries as a result of the structure fire.