With heavy rainfall and flash flooding in Swift Current, SGI is reminding customers what to do in the event of water damage to their home or vehicle.
You can report an auto claim using MySGI, through Auto eClaim, or by calling 1-844-855-2744 for claims service Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you have an SGI CANADA property insurance policy or Auto Pak, you can report your claim in a number of ways:
- You can report your claim directly to your insurance broker.
- You can report an auto claim or property claim online here.
- Call 1-844-855-2744 for claims service Monday to Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Call 1-800-647-6448 for after-hours claims service.
If it’s safe to do so, SGI suggests that home or business owners dealing with property damage:
- Clean up as soon as possible. Seek professional advice on how to clean up and take whatever reasonable steps you can to minimize further damage to your property.
- Don’t throw anything out. Store damaged items in a reasonably safe place so the adjuster can see them when they arrive. If you are disposing of items, take photos and keep a detailed list of what is being thrown away.
- Have any appliances (including furnaces) that have come in contact with water checked by a qualified electrician, plumber, dealer or serviceperson before you use them.
- Do not touch any electrical systems or panels until you know it is safe to do so, especially in wet or damp conditions.
- Move damaged belongings to a dry area with good ventilation.
- Keep track of your cleaning time and expenses as they may be covered through the insurance claim.
- Take photographs or video of damaged property to give to your adjuster.