A 13-year-old youth is facing a total of seven charges after taking a pistol to a Swift Current school and twice pointing the firearm.
Swift Current Municipal RCMP received a complaint on Saturday, October 14 that a male youth brought a firearm to a school in Swift Current. A second complaint was also received about the incident.
The youth appeared in Swift Current Provincial Court on Tuesday, October 17 facing the following charges:
– two counts of pointing a firearm;
– one count of unlawful possession of a firearm;
– one count of possession of a firearm for a dangerous purpose;
– one count of theft under $5,000;
– two counts of carrying a firearm in a careless manner.
The pistol was located and seized during the course of the investigation. No one was physically harmed as a result of the incident.
The youth was remanded in custody until his next appearance in Swift Current Provincial Court this Friday at 9:30 a.m.