On October 7, 2023 at 2:10 AM Swift Current Municipal RCMP were dispatched to a report that a male with a handgun entered a business on North Service Road E.
Upon police arrival, the business was cleared and the male was found to have left.
Through investigation, officers were able to identify the male and at 9:20 am attended a residence on Central Ave N where he was believed to be staying. As police arrived on scene, the male fled on foot.
As police continued to search for the male, a call came in of a male attempting to steal a vehicle on 2 Ave NE. The male was unsuccessful and again fled on foot, however, he was apprehended with the assistance of Swift Current Police Dog Services a short time later on 3 Ave NE. Further investigation led to the recovery of an imitation firearm and a quantity of suspected fentanyl.
Daniel Jordan Koldingnes, 24, of Leader,has been charged with:
• 2 counts of Possession of a Weapon for Dangerous Purpose contrary to Section 88(2) of the Criminal Code;
• 1 count of Possession of a Firearm while Prohibited contrary to Section 117.01(1) of the Criminal Code
• 2 counts of Fail to Comply with a Release Order contrary to Section 145(5)(a) of the Criminal Code;
• 2 counts of Fail to Comply with a Probation Order contrary to Section 733.3(1) of the Criminal Code;
• 2 counts of Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking contrary to Section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act;
• 1 count of Break and Enter contrary to Section 348(1)(a) of the Criminal Code; and
• 1 count of Theft of Motor Vehicle contrary to Section 333.1(1) of the Criminal Code.
Koldingnes appeared in Swift Current Provincial Court this morning and will next appear on October 11.