Swift Current Municipal RCMP continued the firearms possession investigation, including analysis of the items seized during the May 31, 2023 search warrant execution.
It was announced June 6, during that search warrant, officers located and seized:
– approximately 500 grams of suspected cocaine (further analysis is pending);
– a loaded prohibited firearm magazine;
– a loaded restricted firearm; and
– firearms parts.
As a result of continued investigation, Swift Current Municipal RCMP arrested an adult male in Swift Current on June 2.
27-year-old Taylor Weiss-Linder from Swift Current is charged with:
– one count, possession of a restricted firearm while prohibited, Section 117.01(1), Criminal Code;
– one count, careless storage of a firearm, Section 86(1), Criminal Code;
– one count, contravene storage regulations without lawful excuse, Section 86(2), Criminal Code;
– one count, unlicensed possession of a firearm, Section 91(1), Criminal Code; and
– one count, possession of a firearm knowing it was unauthorized, Section 92(2), Criminal Code.
Weiss-Linder is scheduled to appear in Swift Current Provincial Court on June 12, 2023 (Information 90505092).
The investigation continues. Anyone with information should contact Swift Current Municipal RCMP at 306-778-4882. Information can also be submitted anonymously by contacting Saskatchewan Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or www.saskcrimestoppers.com.